Shigatsu wa Kimi na Uso/ Your Lie in April: ANIME REVIEW

Konnichiwa Minna, 
What a beautiful day it is for a new review here on World of Anime Girl. If I remember very well, this anime was one of the most popular anime in 2015. I've seen it all over the internet. The world was crazy about that one lie that was told on a beautiful spring day in April. I certainly am a bit late watching this anime nearly two years after it was released but I just didn't like it at first. Now, after watching it, I present you the review on the most beautiful anime I have ever watched- Shigatsu wa Kimi na Uso or Your Lie in April. 




Plot and Story Line


As I mentioned in the beginning, Your Lie in April is definitely and with great extend the most beautiful anime I have ever seen. It is amazing and a masterpiece, but first of all it is beautiful and I am not only talking about the animation or the character looks. The story, it's plot and the setting are the things that make it so beautiful. At first sight I thought that it is extremely boring. A slice-of-life about classical music, not the type of anime I am into. But two weeks ago I suddenly wanted to watch it and I did. And thank God I did. There is not a single second that I regret watching and it is on my "Must Re-watch" list on the second place just after Code Geass. But firstly, let's talk a bit about the plot.
The anime tells a story about the so called "human metronome" Kousei Arima. He is a prodigy pianist that studies under the supervision of his mother. But after his mother's death Arima becomes unable to hear the sound of his piano and quits playing. Even after two years he still doesn't play and lives an ordinary life alongside his best friends Tsubaki and Ryouta. Yet, on a beautiful April day he meets a girl that kinda changes his life completely. The girl is a beautiful and talented violinist named Kaori Miyazono. She shows him that music is not only about playing every not perfectly but a journey that they are about to take together. 

From the plot description you would say that the anime is pretty boring. I was thinking the same way until I actually saw it. Because Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso is so much more. There is much more to it than just a story about a boy, a girl and classical music. The anime has so many plot twists and so many surprises that I cannot just tell because you wouldn't enjoy it then. The story is really deep with a lot "think about life" moments and morals that make you ask your self: Am I making the best of my life? Am I living my life to the fullest? Do I have time for all the things I want to do in life?  The show has so many and probably one of the best morals that an anime has ever had. 
One thing is for sure, it is a tragic anime that is not for everyone's heart. Mine burst a couple of times into hundreds of pieces that instantly came back together because the anime also has as many pleasing and happy moments as tragic and sad ones. It is definitely a roller coaster of emotions. Of course the thing that adds up to all the emotional moments of the anime is music. While they play, while they talk, walk...music is everywhere. And it is amazing. The atmosphere of the anime is so beautiful and it makes you enjoy every single second of the anime. Even if you don't like classical music that much you'll be thrilled. 
The plot has not a single plot hole and the story is flawless. It is carried by a great number of background stories from the childhood of our main characters and exactly those background stories make Your Lie in April the great anime it is. 

Characters


The diversity of the personalities in Your Lie in April is huge. Everyone is different and unique and exactly that makes the characters so great. There is not a single "bad" character in the anime and each of them contributes to the story in their own way. 
When it comes to the main characters, I am 100% sure that you'll love the female lead, Kaori Miyazono. She is an overly optimistic and cheerful girl that enjoys her life to the fullest. She is that type of person that will always see the bright side of everything and the light at the end of the tunnel. She is always there to cheer you up and support you in whatever you're doing. 


Animation and Style


And again one of the things that make this anime beautiful. The animation. It is one of the best animations I have ever seen and I said it in the first 5 minutes of the first episode. The anime is so colorful and the colors are all bright. My favorite part of the anime were actually the scenes in which they perform onstage. The creators of the anime put so many effort to actually visualize the music. You actually see what you feel and that is truly amazing. My favorite part was the one is this picture on the left. While he plays the piano you actually feel the music like thousand of cherry blossoms falling and floating in the air. It is magical and thus, truly beautiful.

Conclusion


I said it a couple of times and I'll say it once again. Your Lie in April is a masterpiece and the most beautiful anime I have ever seen. I think this is enough to conclude this review. Read less and watch more anime. This time make sure to watch "Your Lie in April". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The MADHOUSE Curse: Why is Madhouse Never Making a Second Anime Season?

Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners: ANIME REVIEW

Sakura Haruno: Is She Worth the Hate?

How to Watch the Fate Series??

Lost Fate/ Grand Order Account? Here Is How You Can Recover It!

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari: ANIME REVIEW

The Shocking Hidden Message in "Spirited Away"

Interviewing Aniblogger Arria from Fujinsei

KonoSuba (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!): ANIME REVIEW

Gangsta: ANIME REVIEW

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *