JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders: ANIME REVIEW


Hey everyone, my name is Victor and I'm the creator of the website www.animedecoy.com. I enjoy watching anime, and writing about anime when I feel compelled to. Thank you to Lejla for allowing me to write on her amazing anime website, I love it when anime bloggers work together.

Today I'm going to be writing about the ever so popular, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders, or better known as, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. I figure that I might as well talk about both seasons of Stardust Crusaders since the second seasons starts and finishes off where the first season ends. If you haven't seen the first season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I'd recommend you watch it or else this post won't be as comprehensive.

Just a bit about the first season before I start - I just did not enjoy the first season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as much as everyone else did. I didn't get it to be honest, it was an okay action/adventure anime with action packed one verses one scenes of super macho men fighting, but meh.. The introduction of hamon later on in the first season was underwhelming - not interesting at all.


Having said that, going into Stardust Crusaders I was thinking, "oh God, if it's more of this fighting with hamon.. I can't." And boy was I wrong. After finishing the last episode of the Stardust Crusaders saga, I found myself craving for more Jojo (which is why I'm watching Diamond is Unbreakable right now).

At the end of the first season we were given an interesting cliffhanger that would lead us into Stardust Crusaders, and that was the chest Dio was held in being reeled up from the bottom of the sea. Stardust Crusaders follows a much older Joseph Joestar, along with his grandson Jotaro Kujo, and allies: Kakyouin, Polnareff, Avdol and Iggy, as they travel to Egypt to once and for all taken down Dio, who has been a conflict of interest within the Josestar family lineage.

Now what makes Stardust Crusaders so much better than the first season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the introduction of "stands." Stands are spiritual energy that can be manifested by a stand user - basically its an awesome summoning jutsu that's capable of kicking ass (shoutout to Naruto). Stands sound not as interesting in my words, but you have to watch it in person to understand why they're so epic, they take fighting to a whole new level.

That's pretty much it for what the story is about, Stardust Crusaders is heavily episodic and the main heroes pretty much fight one stand enemy from episode to episode until they reach Dio. Which sounds boring but in actuality it's not, some of the stands are extremely creative and will draw you in as you're watching.  

The main characters are also entertaining to watch themselves... well most of them. To sum up each one of the main characters: laid back Jotaro, messy Joseph, intellectual Kakyouin, protective Avdol, and tsundere Iggy. Oh, I forgot about Polnareff - this one worked on my last nerve, he will make you roll your eyes if you decide to start the Jojo saga.



What I enjoyed about watching Stardust Crusaders was how carefully crafted the story was, it made me like the first season a lot more after finishing Stardust Crusaders. It's a generational anime series, so elements from the first season will tie into the next season. And it's these little details that are so instrumental to the plot that tie the story together so well as we're introduced to a new generation in the Josestar lineage. Currently I'm on the part four of Jojo (Diamond is Unbreakable), and there are elements from Stardust Crusaders that play a big role in Diamond is Unbreakable, like the bow and arrow Enya had in Stardust Crusaders. It's very satisfying to watch details like this being woven into the next adaptation on top of the crazy new stands being introduced.

Hirohiko Araki, who created JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, did an amazing job with the story. I really makes me want to read the manga since it might take a while before we see part five of the Jojo franchise being adapted.

That's it for this review on Stardust Crusaders, thanks again to Lejla for allowing me to write on your blog, I hope you continue to write for the long run!

Author Bio – Victor is the creator of www.animedecoy.com and enjoys watching anime in his spare time and is fond of writing about anime that he enjoys. Feel free to tweet Victor at animedecoy to conjure up a great conversation!

Comments

  1. Thank you again Lejla for allowing me to write on your website, it was a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also happy for having the chance to work with you. Looking forward to new collaborations!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The MADHOUSE Curse: Why is Madhouse Never Making a Second Anime Season?

Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners: ANIME REVIEW

Lost Fate/ Grand Order Account? Here Is How You Can Recover It!

How to Watch the Fate Series??

Sakura Haruno: Is She Worth the Hate?

The Shocking Hidden Message in "Spirited Away"

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari: ANIME REVIEW

KonoSuba (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!): ANIME REVIEW

Gangsta: ANIME REVIEW

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *